- Put the cookies in a food processor, and pulse until they are fine crumbs; pour the crumbs in a mixing bowl.
- Add the cream cheese to the cookie crumbs, and mix thoroughly by hand with a spoon or a spatula until completely combined. Fold in the applesauce, and combine until smooth and a bit moist.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls, and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper; chill for 30-60 minutes.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat on high for 1 minute. Stir, and then heat for 30 seconds; repeat until chocolate is melted. Add in the cinnamon, and stir.
- Use a fork to carefully dip each truffle in the chocolate until it’s completely covered, and let the excess drip off. Place it back on the cookie sheet, and garnish before the chocolate sets. Repeat with all truffles.